These discussion questions are based on the sermon titled "The Divide".
Here are some discussion questions that you can talk about with the people that are in your home with you. You can also call a friend who was watching and discuss it with them. Or you can break out a notebook and use these questions to journal your thoughts on the message.
1. Why do people create divisions?
2. What are some of the motives that drive division?
3. What are some of the reasons divisions exist?
4. Why would Jesus tell a story where the hero is someone that the listeners wouldn't like?
5. Why should we love someone who is different than us with the way we would love ourselves?
6. Why would God use someone like Peter to preach and be a leader in His church, when he had prejudice in his heart?
7. How is it possible that Paul could be a murderous intended man one week and be a witness for God the next?
8. How is it possible to love and show kindness to our enemies?
9. Why should our identity in Christ supersede our earthly identities like race, gender, and social class?
10. How is God able to remove the divides that people have in their hearts?
11. What is the message that God is trying to give to you from this sermon?
12. How can you apply this message to your life?
13. What practical thing can you do today to get started?
Feel free to share some of your thoughts in the comment section below: