Discussion Questions 6/6/20
These discussion questions are based on the sermon titled "The Divide".
Here are some discussion questions that you can talk about with the people that are in your home with you. You can also call a friend who was watching and discuss it with them. Or you can break out a notebook and use these questions to journal your thoughts on the message.
1. Why do people create divisions?
2. What are some of the motives that drive division?
3. What are some of the reasons divisions exist?
4. Why would Jesus tell a story where the hero is someone that the listeners wouldn't like?
5. Why should we love someone who is different than us with the way we would love ourselves?
6. Why would God use someone like Peter to preach and be a leader in His church, when he had prejudice in his heart?
7. How is it possible that Paul could be a murderous intended man one week and be a witness for God the next?
8. How is it possible to love and show kindness to our enemies?
9. Why should our identity in Christ supersede our earthly identities like race, gender, and social class?
10. How is God able to remove the divides that people have in their hearts?
11. What is the message that God is trying to give to you from this sermon?
12. How can you apply this message to your life?
13. What practical thing can you do today to get started?
Feel free to share some of your thoughts in the comment section below:
6/6/2020 12:53:12 pm
I love you for your courage to speak truth and comforting words to guide us each day. May our Lord Jesus continue to used you to share his message of love.
6/6/2020 09:14:37 pm
Praise God. And thank you for loving me. I love you too.
Joe and Cora F
6/6/2020 01:13:49 pm
What are some motives that drives division ? Pride, fear of losing control , Jealousy , hatred , discontentment and low self esteem will drive a person for power control and to control others and when these things happen chaos n fights and divisions among others will happen bec nobody wants to be controlled nor be suppressed in expressing their rights . These sins of pride n hate discontentment etc. started in heaven orchestrated by Lucifer and look what turmoil he started
Joe n Cora F
6/6/2020 01:32:56 pm
What are some reasons division exist ?
Joe n Cora F
6/6/2020 01:50:44 pm
The message that God is trying to give to us in this sermon is that , pride, hate , racism n prejudices are deadly sins but thru the love of God we can conquer all these sins by asking His help to change us n to create in us a clean and loving heart , also in this sermon it was emphasized that we are all sons of God, Jew gentile black brown yellow or polka dots in colors we are all one equally loved by Him, and if we sincerely confess our sins of racism n prejudices he is just to forgive all our unrighteousness . This is the message of this sermon that Joe n I took today .
Joe n Cora F
6/6/2020 02:17:05 pm
Why would Jesus tells a story where hero is someone that the listeners wouldn’t like? Stories in the Bible are truth telling and for correction of unacceptable conduct n behavior, when Jesus tells stories he draws the sinful person out darkness and into light of understanding leading to a righteous life . Some people don’t want to be exposed or be in the light bec light can be uncomfortable to a person who is in darkness for so long, same reason that some people don’t want to know the truths bec some truths hurts especially iif it points to sin n requires change in some bad habits or practices. If the hero in the story is an example of good character naturally sinner who doesn’t want to change wouldn’t like to listen to that story
Leave a Reply.
Hope Still Lives
Specific Church Updates: