These discussion questions are based on the sermon titled "The Unexpected Journey of Naomi".
Here are some discussion questions that you can talk about with the people that are in your home with you. You can also call a friend who was watching and discuss it with them. Or you can break out a notebook and use these questions to journal your thoughts on the message. Those who are at the church will discuss this after the message.
1. Imagine what it would be like being part of the tribe of Moab. How do you think these people viewed themselves?
2. How do you think Naomi felt after her husband and two sons died?
3. How is Boaz, the redeemer, similar to Jesus?
4. The Moabites have a nasty origin story. Why would God use a Moabite to bring about the birth of Jesus?
5. How has God turned a bad situation in your life for good?
6. What message did you personally take away from this sermon?
7. How can you apply this sermon to your life?
8. What practical thing can you do today to get started?
Feel free to share some of your thoughts in the comment section below: