Discussion Questions 1/2/21
These discussion questions are based on the sermon titled "Extra Righteous".
Here are some discussion questions that you can talk about with the people that are in your home with you. You can also call a friend who was watching and discuss it with them. Or you can break out a notebook and use these questions to journal your thoughts on the message. Those who are at the church will discuss this after the message.
1. Why do we need more righteousness than the Pharisees and scribes?
2. How can we be perfect as the father is perfect?
3. Why did the rich young ruler ask what he must "do" to inherit eternal life? Why was he focused on the "do"?
4. Although we are saved by grace, why is it dangerous to continue in a trend of wickedness?
5. What message did you personally take away from this sermon?
6. How can you apply this sermon to your life?
7. What practical thing can you do today to get started?
Feel free to share some of your thoughts in the comment section below:
1/2/2021 12:58:35 pm
1. Why do we need more righteousness than the Pharisees? We need more righteousness than the Pharisees and the Scribes because they were knowers and doers of the law and relied on what they know as the path righteousness, instead of accepting the righteousness that is offered through Jesus Christ.
1/2/2021 02:16:34 pm
Yes they trusted in themselves rather than in Jesus Christ.
1/3/2021 06:07:30 pm
5) What message did you take away from this sermon?
1/16/2021 12:47:25 pm
Yes that trust in Christ unlocks His storehouse. He is the one that covers us with His righteousness and He is able to transform our lives.
Leave a Reply.
Hope Still Lives
Specific Church Updates: