Discuss Questions 12/19/20
These discussion questions are based on the sermon titled "Backwards".
Here are some discussion questions that you can talk about with the people that are in your home with you. You can also call a friend who was watching and discuss it with them. Or you can break out a notebook and use these questions to journal your thoughts on the message. Those who are at the church will discuss this after the message.
1. Why do we tend to dwell on the past?
2. How is dwelling in the past dangerous?
3. Why does Solomon say not to ask "Why is the old days better than today?"
4. What are some reasons that people turn back to old ways?
5. Why is returning to the former life disgusting like drinking vomit?
6. How can we keep our focus on God when the past is so distracting?
7. What message did you personally take away from this sermon?
8. How can you apply this sermon to your life?
9. What practical thing can you do today to get started?
Feel free to share some of your thoughts in the comment section below:
12/19/2020 12:27:46 pm
1. We tend to dwell on the past because we believe that our best self who we know is the best we can be. While God always have a better plan for us.
12/30/2020 11:40:31 am
That really is the danger. Putting God's plans for us on hold because we are trapped in the past.
12/20/2020 04:32:26 pm
1). Why do we tend to dwell on the past?
Leave a Reply.
Hope Still Lives
Specific Church Updates: